9.07.2007

the bell tolls for thee...

I just found out that Madeleine L'Engle passed away yesterday. Read Here. I feel like crying. L'Engle  was one of my favorite authors, right up there with Lewis and Tolkien. I have read most of her books, but all of a sudden I want to get my hands on all of them, in case they become extremely hard to find. I would say that her best book is A Wrinkle in Time, not only for children, but also for adults. If you have not read it, might I suggest that you run out to the closest Barnes and Noble and get yourself a copy? Her Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art has been one of the greatest influences on my creativity as a Christian artist and writer. I will greatly miss her, even though I have never met her. I look forward to having a cup of coffee with her in heaven and discussing philosophy and writing.

Overstreet over at Looking Closer has this to say about L'Engle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read A Wrinkle in Time a few weeks ago for the first time I loved it!