9.07.2006

Scams

I think the whole "selling" the internet is such a scam. I called both Comcast and Verizon about their high speed internet service...

Comcast: Yes we can do that for you, but if you ONLY have high speed internet, it will cost you an ADDITIONAL set up fee....

Verizon: Yes we can do that for you, but it will take three weeks to get out to your house and set it up. HOWEVER, if you also order a basic phone service, we can set up the DSL in just 7 days!

Frustrating.

I went for the Comcast scam as it was cheaper in the long run.

4 comments:

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

The 3 weeks for Verizon sounds about right. I've been waiting nearly two weeks for them to turn on my phone. . .regular landline phone. Nothing fancy, just takes them awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hi.
I miss you. :(
Sincerely,
Your ex

Erick said...

Not a scam, just a price-searcher market with high entry barriers.

(Yeah, I've been studying economics all week. It's not as interesting as it sounds.)

Moving here from somewhere where there was NO cable and NO DSL available at all, for any price, I'm pretty happy with Comcast. :)

Unknown said...

that's too bad. i went with verizon and had it set up in less than 7 days without having a landline...