10.09.2005

The movie Everything is Illuminated was playing at Queen Anne, so I headed down with E. You know, when I read the book, I remember it being cryptic and disturbing. The movie wasn't so much that way. I enjoyed Elijah Woods. Excellent Cinematography and the music, perfect. I still wouldn't be able to recommend it unreservedly as I think any movie about, or even just generally about the Holocaust is disturbing in some way. I will say, that the sunflower part is just about the best bit of the whole movie, along with the dog. Anyway, thanks TH and AP for letting me know the movie was playing. I think I'd rather have just seen the movie than read the book, but too late to go on about that now.

Wow. A typically mundane and a little boring post, here. Don't worry, I'm sure I will spice it up a little tomorrow.

Update: as requested...

Jonathan (Elijah Wood): "Are you my translator?"
Alex (Eugene Hutz): "Forgive my speaking of english, Jonfen, as I am not so premium with it."

2 comments:

jennifer joy staab said...

you are correct. i will remedy that.

Timothy said...

I am such a premium dancer.