8.07.2005

The Rest of the Trip:

It's all a little fuzzy now, as I have slept a total of three hours in the last 24. Aber! (but) I'd say that the whole trip was worth the money. My dad asked me how much it cost me, and I started figuring it out, but then it was depressing to think about how much tuition is, add to that airfare, lodging, transport, food and shopping...eye-yeye-eye.

I'll throw up the rest of the photos I took, but I'll just try to recount it all quickly.

napoleon dynamite running, super cool lightning show while driving, candace and her friends, mudhouse coffee shop, bagel and americano for breakfast, deep intense talking, wandering around historic Charlottesville, caught in a out-of control thunderstorm in flipflops, skirt and tanktop, finding the thai restaurant closed because of (not "due to" as its grammatically incorrect to use "due to" as a verb) power outages, finding a quaint cuban restaurant with the best and only pineapple habenero salsa I've ever had, watching fiddler on the roof, driving all night to catch my flight and the long torturous journey home.

sleep will be a wonderful experience tonight.

Yes, Dad, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Iris said...

Jen! You went to Mudhouse! That's the bomb dot com!

Have you ever read Lauren Winner's "Girl Meets God?" (Great, btw). Well, her follow up book is something like "Lessons from Mudhouse" and it's about blending spiritual disciplines from Jewish spirituality and Christianity. Anyway, that's the coffeehouse that she is referring to. I'm jealous! Looks like you had fun. Keep postin.