8.03.2005

Day Five: Started with Porpoises, ended with Lasagne. (President Bush is the Best!)

I woke up early and headed down to the beach to watch the sunrise. Actually, I think this may be the first time I have ever done this. (watch the sunrise on the east coast) To sit there and listen to the waves, to think about how good God is to me and to play with my camera a little--the BEST! I only posted a few of the sunrise photos I took as I got a little carried away.

The day was full of classes, but very interesting and very useful. I took some more great notes. We had some more guest speakers, of whom some I think will be future profs of mine. But it is long to sit all day in a classroom. I really haven't done that for a while as at UW, I'd only be in class 3 hours a day max. It feels a little like the MC classroom at times, trying to keep your eyes from closing, hoping what you are saying in the class discussion is contributing and making sense, etc...

After class, we had a dinner in the Library Atrium. Its a beautiful building. I'm enjoying my classmates and we had a super swell time sitting side by side, (nice alliteration...I threw that in for free!) talking and eating. The lasagne was great, but my favorite was the greek salad that accompanied the meal!

Reading my Syllabi (oh I like being able to use that word again!) made me realize just how much work I will be putting into my studies these next few years. I have over 25 books to read and multiple misc readings plus who knows how many papers. Whoah. Intense. Wow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're going to love every second of it.

Timothy said...

I like President Bush too.