10.21.2007


Dirtyness

I like getting dirty. This is a little secret of mine. I love being dirty. It is one of my favorite things. I even like getting into fresh clean sheets with dirty feet. I love the smell of dirt, mud, sweat and slime. It reminds me of being a kid and looking for tadpoles in the small ponds around my house, climbing the tallest most pitch filled evergreen I could find in my dress, and riding my bike for hours, rain or shine.

Whenever I have children, I will let them get dirty. I won't shelter them from the pleasures of jumping in mud puddles. I won't try to keep their noses clean. I will probably join them out on the mud field playing soccer or football.

I like being dirty. Is this a crime?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting into fresh clean sheets with dirty feet is just plain wrong, definitely a crime worthy of punishment.

Anonymous said...

But, I will still let my children play with yours if you'll let yours play with mine. Think on it...

Leah said...

We used to take these middle school students on a retreat that culminated on an afternoon full of games in a huge mud pit. What true delight. :-)

Started comps today . . . little crazy. Been thinking of you a lot. What's this about a final project??? I thought you were done? :-(

Hope you're doing well all together!

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Odd, but not wrong. So long as you don't track worm parts into the house on you feet. . .The house with a tree leaning on it.