9.24.2007

Monday Musing

What, if anything, am I leaving behind? Am I just drifitng through life, a wanderer, with no destination? There is nothing with wandering, just as long as there is a destination, a place to end. As Bilbo Baggins wrote about Strider, "Not all who wander are lost." At the end, what will be left of my life, my few years here on earth?

Sometimes, I wonder what would happen to my blog if I all of a sudden died or went into a coma. How long would my words stay frozen here on the internet. Would Blogger turn off my account after a certain time? Or would my blog just stay up indefinately?

On another note, I really like sitting in front of my fire, the wood crackling nicely, with Sigur Ros playing in the background. Even though my house will smell like a campfire afterwards. (The wood is still a bit damp).

6 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

Jen - you hit the 15,000 mark on your counter! I think you deserve a hot cup of tea... or another drink of your choice! Rachel

Rachel Sarah said...

Or maybe I deserve the hot cup of tea for BEING the 15000th! I think I'll go indulge right now. Rach

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Am I the 15,0001?

You should write as much as possible. . .even if nobody but you reads it. Because, someday, perhaps 500 years from now, somebody will read it.

Unless you build a marble house or a pyramid, your words will pretty much be only what people will remember of you.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with Jason (respectfully). People will remember you in your kids and all the people you affect with the spirit of your life Jen. Your words may carry eternal quality, but so will the hearts that you write your life on. Which is a lot.

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

That's true, Jessica.

I did not think of that.

People always remember the founder of the company or country.

Timothy said...

Jen, perhaps this link will help answer your questions about how long blogs can collect dust on blogger:

http://swissteam.blogspot.com/

Oh yeah baby.