1.03.2007

A Start to the New Year

At the beginning of each new year my church has a tradition of fasting and praying for a week. I did not join in last year, because I was visiting my friends in Switzerland, so this year I am actually excited about joining in.

There is quite the art for fasting. Here are a few things of noteworthy attention:

Yesterday I discovered a smoothie that tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Today, I realize that I notice when people are chewing. It's quite distracting.

The key is to drink a lot. Keep the pee clear. If that's happening, the fasting becomes easy.

I will be glad for tomorrow, because on the third day, usually the hunger pains go away.

Make plans to break the fast with a bunch of friends, but becareful of the fare you choose to eat. I do not recommend eating cheesecake, unless you want horrible stomach pains. Usually soup and bread are the best option.

2 comments:

Timothy said...

Smoothies, to me, are cheating. They usually consist of ground-up food.

jennifer joy staab said...

water is nothing more than melted ice.

juice is nothing more than mashed up fruit

what's a smoothie made of? ice and fruit!

so there.