12.13.2006

So here are a few self-concious thoughts...

For me the past ten years or so in the area of relationships have looked like this:

boys=disappointment

I was reading some lists I made a while ago, you know the kind that girls make about "The Man of My Dreams" and so on. I wonder if I have become too picky or too worried about finding the perfect person. There is no perfect person. I am not perfect.

But then, I also know that I am too easily persuaded. I am a bit of a pushover. And I've made some bad choices in the past.

Balance.

Ok, here are the facts: I like male people and want to marry one someday. I have some friends who have made some excellent matches, so I know that it is possible. And then there is the all important factor of "the Sovreignty of God" or FATE, as some people like to call it.

So, really there is no answer. At least not yet. Or maybe that is the answer.

Stop philosophizing and wondering, and enjoy living life NOW.

It's called Adventure. Joy. Life.

2 comments:

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Perhaps we should go back to arranged marriages. . .

Erick said...

Well put. I have similar thoughts... I think we all do.