11.03.2006

Just Another Friday Night

I suppose you think that today after work, I went home, took a nap, made dinner and then worked on a paper for school, but this is where you are very wrong.

On the way home from work, there was an accident that happened in front of my very eyes, I stopped to make sure that all the parties were ok and that no one was hurt. At that point, I realized that the person in the small grey SUV was my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Anderson. I remember her very well as she read to my class Where the Red Fern Grows and we got quite emotionally involved with the story, to the point where I cannot watch that movie with out bawling my eyes out. **SPOILER** The part in the film where Big Dan saves the boy from the cougar and his entrails have spilled out of his body just GETS me every time, and then when they go home and the Little Ann dies of a broken heart. GOSH. My eyes tear up just thinking about it.

Anyways, after connecting again with my 5th grade teacher right there on the side of 405, I continued on home. However, after arriving home, I found a huge crate on my porch addressed to me. Inside I found a real live Koala Bear, which my friend Courtney had shipped over from Australia as a surprise present for me. I went up to the crate to get aquainted with the Koala and he just about bit my hand off. Never fear, because I remembered if you give a Koala Eucalyptus leaves then it will become really mellow, kind of like catnip for Koalas. So I ran in quickly to my house and tore off a bunch of the Eucalpytus leaves from my Eucalyptus tree that I just happen to have growing in my house.

Now, I know at this point, you must be thinking that this is pretty much enough excitement for one night, but can I just tell you that right after making dinner, there was a knock at my door. And who do you think was there? The band MegaDeath. They had heard that I recently beat a co-worker with the initials BAM at the upcoming XBOX 360 game Gears of War. Since BAM had taught them how to play the game, they had thought he was the best in the world, but in hearing my recent feat, they wanted to know if I had any tips for them.

So I invited them in for tea, and we had a little chat not just about GOW, but also about various topics, one of them being Jesus Christ. Did you know that one of the band members is a Christian? Yes, its true.

All in all, a very interesting evening.

5 comments:

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

I am in complete awe.

Timothy said...

And you say you don't have time for nanowrimo...

Anonymous said...

jen, and what the heck were you DRINKING that night???? must have been more than your after-work-beer...

justin said...

NO WAY. I don't believe it. There's no way you would run into your old teacher on the side of 405!

Mr. Mando said...

entirely possible, highly improbable, and very imaginative.