10.26.2006

Social Networking

I am doing a paper on social networking sites and so far its been really interesting. Today, I got invited to a new beta site called Wallop and its pretty radical. Well, how it looks at least. It is easy to change the look and there are some new features that I haven't seen on other sites like Facebook and MySpace. Also, the user is supposed to be over 18 which is better than MySpace. Why do junior highers need to network anyway? A friend of mine is a nanny for a family and the two girls, 11 and 9, both have a MySpace. Honestly, I think that's wrong. Why do nine year olds need to put pictures of themselves on the internet... even if its a private site, its just scary. Anyways, social networking sites are here to stay so I think everyone needs to make their decision about how they are going to respond to the trend... (I should add that 3 years ago, everyone said that blogs were dead, but I don't really think that's true, do you?)

Check it out...

I have a few invites left if anyone is interested in checking it out.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'd be interested in an invite, if you have any left to spare.

:)