8.15.2006

Laundry

I much prefer folding laundry than washing it. It is not the amount of time that bugs me, or else washing would be preferred. I think it is just touching all the dirty clothes, having to look for stains that need spraying and sorting everything into piles that just annoys me.

The reward of pulling warm clothes out of the dryer and folding them into neat piles on the bed makes all the messy work worth it. My favorite load to fold is the whites. I think that there is something about the way the freshly bleaches white clothes smell that makes me really happy.

Folding towels is also an art form. --just like folding napkins-- There are different techniques, but I think that my favorite is the "Three fold" technique.

Here is my best explanation:

Hold the towel up lengthwise. Fold over one third of the towel toward the middle, then fold over the other third. Now, you have a long skinny towel. Fold up one third and then fold down one third so that the ends meet in the middle. Now when the towels are stacked, they look like they are sitting on a shelf in the store, all neat and tidy.

6 comments:

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Spoken like a true female. I can honestly say I don't know of one single single guy who folds towels like that. I prefer the square method. Fold it once lengthwise, then fold it again widthwise. . .perfect square

justin said...

one half one half one third one third. that's my method.

Rose said...

Speaking of towels, have you seen mine? I think they're somewhere at Warm Beach now.

But I definately agree with your folding philosophy.

Rose said...

Would you showcase that totally awesome poetry book you told me about? You know, the one that says he wants to take a stroll through her eyeballs. I would love that.

Timothy said...

So I fold towels that way. I think. I do the lengthwise thirds, then thirds again the other direction. However, my ends don't meet in the middle, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. One end of the towel is on the outside, and the other in is tucked inside of the folded towel.

Anonymous said...

that's right tim, if you are folding one third and another third the ends won't meet in the middle... but for my part i don't like laundry anyways.
greetings from switzerland