5.23.2006

Dream Interpretation Please:

Last night I dreamt that I was working retail again. It was Christmastime and the store was crazy busy. The older couple asked me to pick out pieces from a Christmas Village Collection, but the problem was that the pieces were lifesize, so it was hard to manage the sale because they wanted smaller pieces. Also, my cousin was there and she was telling them that they should look in the Lynwood area for better Christmas villages.

I woke up thinking that I am so glad I don't work retail anymore.

3 comments:

justin said...

Interpretation #1: Don't work retail.
Interpretation #2: (stay with me here) The older couple represents the mentors / fathers / mothers in your life. They're trying to help you find your place in life / your calling, but everything you look at seems too big to handle - both to them and to you. They would like it if you could settle for something more manageable, something you could fit in your pocket, but you know that's not an option. It's Christmas time, time for gifts, and these are the gifts God has given you to choose from, so you need to take them. It's not for you to fit the pieces into your little world, but for you to fit yourself into the larger world He's made for you.

That's one idea.

justin said...

PS - the older couple may not represent anyone specifically, but perhaps "conventional wisdom" in general. ; )

Timothy said...

Why Christmas?? Odd. And Lynnwood has two N's.

koooxco