5.22.2006

APA? MLA?

There are two different format styles for academic writing. During my long (and illustrious?) career in academia, I have exclusively used MLA. When starting my year in graduate school, I asked the question, "Do I need to learn APA?" I was informed that PhDs used APA, but while working on my master's degree, I would have a choice between APA and MLA. Even in my reasearch writing class, this past semester, we were required to learn and use one of the two forms, not both.

HOWEVER. This summer I am taking a class on media influences and I am required to use APA. So, here I sit after midnight on a Sunday (or early Monday morning) using google to track down examples of APA so I can piece together my Annotated Bibliography. I've been boon-doggled. GAH!

Formatting-Schmormatting.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I so dislike APA and I always seem to mess it up. Make sure you find the newest version of it because it changes every so often just to confuse you even more.

Rose said...

I drank my jones soda today. De-lish!

I hope you figure all your APA stuff out. :) You're great!

Mr. Mando said...

Ughhhh, APA, that manual is yuck