4.23.2006

I dare say...

that without the help of a certain "mr. google," no one shall get this one, unless they had some morbid and odd reading habits as a child... (however, I will say that this is one of the best children's stories that I know).

"At this time, an elderly Fly said it was the hour for the Evening-song to be sung; and on a signal being given all the Blue-Bottle-Flies began to buzz at once in a sumptuous and sonorous manner, the melodious and mucilanginous sounds echoing all over the waters, and resounding across the tumultuous tops of the tranisitory Titmice upon the intervening and verdant mountains, with a serene and sickly suavity only known to the truly virtuous."

*I should note that on the earlier postings of this little game, Mr Fin won the first round and Mr. Gus won the second. Kudos, gentlemen, and thanks for playing.*

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I got it! It is the author Edward Lear. I did have to google it I found it on Nonsense song. I knew the answer to the last one too but by then someone had already answered it. This time I am first!

Mr. Mando said...

aww shucks, I didn't google but I would have been wrong.... I was going to guess it was from Grimm

jennifer joy staab said...

excellent sabrina! However, you did not get the title right.... what is the name of the story?

Sabrina said...

This is the name that was on the website. The story of the four little children who went round the world.