2.09.2006


Squirrel II

I have decided to adopt a little squirrel named Raphael. He has been, of late, spending a lot of time sitting on top of the garbage can that sits outside my window at work. He hops in, forages around for some food, then hops out and sits on top of the garbage can, eating and watching the world pass him by. I suspect that he may be a Mexican squirrel, as he loves eating tortillas. I also left some Jalisco Salsa Corn Nuts out on the garbage can for him, and he scarfed those right up.

As there is a Deli in the neighborhood that uses Squirrel in their daily "Special," I think that my job is to protect Raphu and keep him alive. However, I will not just let him have any kind of food that he likes. I will put out nuts with shells so that he does not turn into a lazy squirrel. I have a feeling that he already has a propensity toward this as he frequents the garbage can after lunch to scavange any leftovers that he can get.

For all you folks who have recently commented on the "vicious" nature of squirrels, I just want to note that I believe the best about these furry friends and will continue to promote their health and well being as much as possible.

5 comments:

Timothy said...

Just wait. You will discover the darker side of Raphu.

justin said...

what he said.

jennifer joy staab said...

hmpfh...

Sabrina said...

Jen just a warning last year we fed some squirrels and soon we not only saw them we started seeing a cousin to them, the rat.

Mr. Mando said...

Jen, I'm with Tim and Gus, get yourself a squirell zapper before something bad happens. Those Chiseled tooth varmits are bad bad news.

They're not as harmless as the bugs for which bug zappers are used as a form of pest control.