1.12.2006




Bern, the capital city of Switzerland has a Starbucks. My friends like to spend their lunch hour on the second level. Its very expensive to get a latte, around 5 dollars US! WOW!

The university in Bern is gorgeous. and very old. Its really what I have imagined a european university to look like.

I have decided that the train is really the best possible form of transportation ever invented.

I will be home in a few day totally loaded up with chocolate. The nice thing about having lots of friends in Switzerland is that they buy the chocolate as a gift, so I don't have to buy any!

I'm going to need a refresher course on my native language when I return as I am starting to speak Swiss-English...

5 comments:

Rose said...

Oh! Jen! It's good to hear about your time. I hope you're getting to do everything you wanted to.

justin said...

I agree--the train is the best possible mode of transportation. I wish we had more in US cities. I think it would encourage more "village" style communities, more walking, and fewer Wal-Marts.

Anonymous said...

hey jen...i read your entries about switzerland...i can't believe you're leaving already. and i'm kinda sorry we didn't have a longer good bye ceremony. but it's probably better. anyways i feel like i'm gonna see you again soon:)
o man! it's friday the 13th! i'm not supersticious but still...

Timothy said...

Jen, I am so jealous that you got to go to Switzerland. What I would give to go there and see everybody again! Enjoy the food, culture, fellowship... that must have been an amazing trip for you.

Rose said...

Welcome back!!!