12.26.2005

There is nothing like spending Christmas in a hospital room to remind you what Christmas is really all about. The presents, the money, the worries about all the details fade away and all that becomes important is the health and well-being of a loved one. People like to talk about the true meaning of Christmas during this time of year and there is always some kind of controversy raging in the public eye. But this time around, none of it matters, but what does is who or what I am focused on. The question I find myself asking myself is, whom do I worship? Myself or the little baby who rules the Universe? Am I more concerned about my life or about someone else's? And while sitting in a hospital with someone whom I love very much who is experiencing a lot of pain, this question becomes everything.

2 comments:

Timothy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Are they OK Jen?