11.29.2005

Triple J's in Kirkland has been remodeled. It now has an "Ikea" feel. Not quite the W Hotel, but like they are trying hard to reach that high hipster status. I just don't know how I feel about this change. I suppose the main issue I have with Triple J's and have always had is the ATM machine located inside. It didn't work with the eclectic cafe feel and it doesn't work with the New York wanna be decor. Now, if they had gone with the whole truck stop in Texas feel, the ATM machine would really cozy the place up and I'd probably be raving about how much I love the place.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Hi! I'm so proud I made it over to check in on you. Sounds like Thanksgiving was great! Stick it to the man, and hope you come out alive this semester :)

Anonymous said...

I wish it looked like a truck stop in texas! that would be so rad. instead of triple j's it could be the flying j. or was it "flying jay?"

why do atm machines represent a lack of customer service? isn't that a service in itself? so you don't have to walk like an entire half block to bank of america? imibq

Anonymous said...

Roni, your secret code persists even though you've already revealed it's meaningless. What's the point when there's no more mystery? (If you get philosophical on this discussion, maybe the Triple J ATM represents the unwelcome invasion of consumerism into what should be a nice dining repose...if you ask me).