7.28.2005

Imagination

First time around this morning, I saw a dump truck sitting on the track with the driver's door open, no one around. I jumped in, shut the door, hotwired the thing and drove all over the football field.

Second time 'round the track, the gentleman who operated the truck was sitting inside smoking a cigarette. Seeing my opportunity, I grabbed a two by four, opened the door, whacked him on the head, pulled him out and hijacked the truck, and drove happily off to pick up some fill dirt for my parent's garden.

The third time, I was really making my stride, when I saw the dump truck driver leaning against the front wheel.
"Hey baby, what's shakin' "
"Not much," I said.
He pulled out two cigarettes from his carton, put them in his mouth, lit them both, then handed me one. We spent the next ten minutes talking about the Iraq war and the rising price of gasoline.

Last time around the track and as I passed the dump truck, I yelled out, "Hey Dude! Jesus loves you and wants you to surrender your life to Him!"
The driver was instantly knocked out of the cab by the power of God, fell on his knees, crying out to for mercy on his life.

No comments: