6.24.2005

Top Ten (Fiction Books)

1. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Probably the best book written in the late 20th century.
2. 'Til We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis
Truly his best.
3. Lilith, George MacDonald
Absolute Wonder.
4. Lord of the Rings, J.R.R Tolkien
I've read this way too many times...
5. The Brothers K, David James Duncan
Any book that can make me laugh uncontrollably and cry (that gut-wrenching kind) deserves a spot and when it's also written well--it makes the top five.
6. Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L'Engle
Pure Enjoyment.
7. Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
A book of hope. It's more than just a kid's story.
8. Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
It's all about grace, and who can resist a story about second chances?
9. Count of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas
I fell in love with this at 15 and it's still got me.
10.Life of Pi, Yann Martel
Just read it.

1 comment:

Timothy said...

I enjoyed Mockingbird, but I don't think that it belongs at the top.