6.03.2005

Remember, please?

"..As September 11 fades in the memory, too many Americans feel that it is time to let bygones be bygones. Some now consider Islamic fascism and its method of terror a “nuisance” that will go away if we just come home. We are a society where many of our elite believe the killer bin Laden is less of a threat than the elected George Bush. Al Qaeda keeps promising to kill us all; meanwhile Ralph Nader wants the wartime president impeached for misuse of failed intelligence..."
--from Our StrangeWar, by Victor Davis Hanson


I know that i many times forget 9/11. I forget how I felt as i sat, stunned, in traffic listening to the radio. I forget what it was like to come into work and see the images of towers falling and burning on the internet. The prayer meetings, the candle and flag memorials at Seattle Center and Alkai beach are long gone...So quickly do we drop back into Isolationism.

1 comment:

justin said...

On Sunday night, I happened upon a CNN special commemorating the most impacting moments in the news in the past 25 years. When the 9/11 footage came on, I realized that I hadn't seen it on television for a couple years at least. I think it's important for us to see it now and again so that we don't forget.